Here are a few suggestions to the question "What can I do?":
- Be Present. Participate in or support at least one organization that stands for social change.
- Attend a professional development program about the importance of equity, diversity, and inclusion / racial and social justice.
- Inform and educate yourself by reading at least one or more of the essays or books documented in this web guide.
- Hold your supervisor accountable and encourage them to include sensitivity trainings for all members, at least one per year.
- Support non-profit organizations and small businesses owned by Blacks, Indigenous People, and People of Color. Why? Supporting such organizations and businesses allows them to grow, build capacity, and sustain their communities by employing more individuals from their immediate communities and contributing to the development of the environment in these communities.
- As a faculty member, review your syllabus and include an activity or reading that supports or raises questions about equity, diversity, and inclusion / racial and social justice issues, if possible. You might just find one or two resources in this web guide to include in your syllabus.
- Use your right as a citizen of the United States and vote in local and national elections.
Facebook Twitter Instagram